Saturday, June 10, 2006

All packed

Everything is packed up, except the laptop. I'm meeting a couple of the other Red Hatters who are going at the office tomorrow morning at.....5:15?! What was I thinking?? Anyway, carpooling to the airport will make the parking cheaper.

What did I pack? Do you really care? I didn't think so.

But you're still reading. Why? Why can't you look away? Is it the power of the Blog? A human fascination with the mundane details of other people's lives? Or is it like that terrible wreck on the side of the highway that you can't not look at?

Anyway. Clothes, obviously. All the boring stuff like deoderant, shampoo, toothbrush. A very large container of foot powder. Q-tips. Lots of Q-tips. Two books (fantasy: The Runes of The Earth, by Stephen R. Donaldson and The Spirit Ring by Lois McMaster Bujold). Tea (Green Hyson). Sandals. Steel-Toed boots. The paperwork required by The Feds that run the camp we'll be staying at, and Habitat for Humanity. Some CD's and DVD's (rumor has it there's a DVD player/tv available at the camp.) I won't try to list them now. Maybe later. Probably other stuff I'm forgetting. Probably not everything I'll want when I'm down there. But that's ok. I'm sure I'll have everything I need.

In case you're wondering, most of the actual equipment is provided by Habitat for Humanity when we get down there. The only 'equipment' we're required to bring is the steel-toed boots.

Assuming I can get internet access, I'll be back online tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck... sucker!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home